Caldecott Award List
Mid-term Exam: Review, Responses
- Discussion (online): Review for Mid-term. You can locate the Review Form in the Research and Writing Folder as well as the Responses.
- Objective questions (multiple choice) over terminology, assigned poetry, archetypes (general), "The Story of Jumping Mouse" the Monomyth and Pearson Archetypes. Open-book, open-note,
- Essay Portion over a poem not assigned in class but related by theme to assigned works. One out-of-class revision will be allowed. You may write by hand or use the computer.
- Wikipedia: Choosing a topic from the Caldecott Award list (on the board).
- Wikipedia: Research in library databases: Lexis-Nexus and Academic Search Premier.
- Wikipedia: Begin collecting usable articles and reviews and post in your Google Drive document.
- Read: Begin reading Coraline paying particular attention to symbols, the Monomyth Stages, and archetypes. However, Coraline will NOT be on the Mid-term.
- In-class Essay Exam: 130 minutes with objective portion and essay. You will have the option of writing your essay online or by hand in a composition blue book provided by me.