5/31 We meet online ONLY. Check back for the assignment after 9:30am.
SIGN IN HERE
I will be sending commentary on your submitted drafts via LaGuardia email.
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
- Romeo and Julie Paper is DUE by the end of class (print). The essay assignment is HERE. You may leave class once this paper is submitted to me.
- The Hunger Games Part 1 Discussion begins (see the "Comments" button below). Please feel free to use the Wikipedia article HERE as a guide.
- Finish reading The Hunger Games for next week paying particular attention to the manifestation (or "use") of Pearson and Marr's 12 archetypes. Where do you see the manifestations of the archetypes--both Positive and Shadow (bad)--in the novel?
Revised Schedule (subject to change as circumstances allow):
T 5/17 Romeo and Juliet essay DUE.
T 5/24 The Hunger Games and revisions. Copy Book. We end at 10:30.
T 5/31 The Hunger Games and revisions. We end at 11:20, but some computers will be available after that time for revisions.
T 6/7 The Hunger Games (film) All revisions DUE.
Finals Week: Conferences only (by appointment). Final Reflection (online).
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Today: Romeo and Juliet: The essay assignment is HERE.
- Free-write: True Love (5 minutes)
- Check to be sure you can see our class on Blackboard. Grades go up TODAY.
- Discussion of Romeo and Juliet (20 minutes)
In-class(I was outvoted so . . . ) TAKE HOME essay on Romeo and Juliet: Please add the option "What archetypes do you see as dominant in Romeo and Juliet? What archetypes might have allowed them to survive their ordeal? Online discussion (here on the blog) to follow. Use the "Comments" function below after the questions are posted. Class discussion supplanted this one.
- Note:: Copy books will be graded at the end of the semester only.
- Poetry will be announced in class. I will bring copies of the poems for those who had difficulty with the books. You should have a copy of The Hunger Games with you in class (library copies are fine).